We work with a number of large B2B companies on CRM and eCommerce initiatives. Many companies in this space are unsure about engaging in social listening. How to engage?
What are our goals? What is the ROI? All good questions for developing your social strategy, but one thing is for certain - the time for action is NOW!
Social is changing the way decisions are made and business gets done. Research shows that 75% of B2B customers are likely to use social media to influence their buying decisions, and customers are over 60% of the way through the sales cycle before they contact you. Today’s customers are in a social world where conversations that were once done in person are now being done online. This shift creates an urgent need for businesses to both listen and reach customers in ways never before possible.
In response, Microsoft introduced Microsoft Social Listening as part of its CRM Spring Wave 2014 release. Microsoft Social Listening is a powerful new social listening and analytics service that organizations can use to monitor social media channels like Twitter and Facebook.
5 Key Features of Microsoft Social Listening include the ability to:
- Track your brand, products, campaigns, and competition across Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, news channels, blogs, and forums.
- Reach a true understanding of your customers + your business using sentiment analysis.
- Identify + connect with the most influential voices in your community.
- Gain early insight on problematic issues and stay on top of hot topics.
- Get notified on custom key words, competitive conversations, and industry info.
3 Core Benefits to your organization, by Role, include:
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns in real time.
- Gain insight and learn how people really feel about your business.
- Monitor the top influencers in your industry.
- Spot purchasing signals and generate leads from the social web.
- Gain important insights about your competitors.
- Monitor key developments and decision makers at your top accounts.
Customer Service –
- Track social care cases.
- Improve service levels across the social web.
- Receive alerts to quickly identify customer issues trends early on.
Microsoft Social Listening should be a core element of your demand creation platform. Its familiar, intuitive Microsoft UI and integration with CRM make it easy for users to get up to speed quickly.
It’s more important than ever to be listening to these new channels. There are countless sources out there providing feedback, key insights, and free information. Your customer, competitors, the industry and analysts are all speaking. Are you listening?